Then we took the leftovers and I threw in the dark blue and we came up with this for the second top:
The original plan was for these to be tied, but the first one didn't lend itself to tying since it didn't have clear intersections for easy spacing of the ties, and the second one was only a little better. Mom sewed the tops, then layered them and flipped them so no binding was required. Then I did a basic stitch-in-the-ditch and added some graduated squares in the center on the machine. I think the red back is the Courthouse Squares and the blue back is the other one, but I couldn't swear to it at this point!
These were both finished and delivered in the early fall of 2013 - over a year ago! - but the pictures have been waiting patiently on my desktop for me to get them posted. So there you go!
No comments:
Post a Comment