I've completed some more of the fleece blankets, and am getting my technique down. With the larger size of the fleece and knowing that many Linus groups are particularly looking for blankets for older youths / teens, I've been focusing on fabrics that might appeal to those older recipients. I have found a couple panels that I hope will be appealing to older boys. One features a wolf, and I added a black braided-loop edging:
The braided edge looks pretty nice on this, though it seems a little small compared to the blanket overall.
Then I tried doing the version where you cut tabs instead of loops, with a slit in each tab, and pass each tab through the previous tab's slot. I thought it would be a lot more work, but it required half as much sewing (the accent color only has to be sewn on one time instead of twice). And with my two rotary cutters set up - a 45mm with a zigzag blade for cutting the tabs, and a 30mm straight blade for cutting the slits. So prepping it was faster, but it does take a little longer to actually braid because there are twice as many pieces. However, I like this look better so will probably stick with it.
Got three more blankets made. I will probably tend to do them in groups of three, since that is how many I can get out of an accent color piece.



No comments:
Post a Comment