Friday, January 16, 2015

It Had To Be Done

I got a call from LQS #3 that a book I ordered was in, so I went up to get it.  I happened to arrive when a class had just let out, and there were several ladies in the store so I wandered around a bit, and then I saw a bolt of black.  Deep, slightly shiny black.  And I knew that I was right all along - I wanted plain black for this quilt.  So I bought it.  Michael Miller black.  I felt so much better once I laid my fabrics out on it.  This photo is kind of washed out, but even so you can see the black mostly matches the black in the fabrics.  I feel so much better now!



And I don't think I've shown this yet - my Christmas present from DH and the kids - an ironing station!  It is wonderful - deep, and much wider than a piece of fabric so I can iron yardage very quickly.  The black piece in the photo below - is a full 42" width!  Plus, it is built on bookcases, so there is tons of storage, and it is just a little higher than a regular ironing board.  We are still waiting for the cover that DH ordered, but I've thrown this over it for now, and it works.  I ironed that piece of black today - all 2 1/2 yards of it - in about 5 sections.  Love, love, love this!


2 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

OOOH!!! That's awesome! Love the bright colored bins! BTW I'm glad you didn't try to blame this purchase on the elf!!