Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 StashBusting!

Well, I fell off the wagon again in 2014 as far as StashBusting, and of course I stopped tracking!  Seems like when I'm really busy, I go buy fabric because I'm dreaming of projects I'd like to do, or for plain old retail therapy.  But none of it gets sewn.  So I'm going to try tracking it again, to remind myself how easy it is to buy fabric and how slowly I use it!

I'm also breaking out flannel/fleece from quilt fabric - I have both to use, but the flannel/fleece can get used up much quicker.  I don't want to fool myself by using them up and then buying quilt fabric, and getting myself into more trouble.

I'm focusing on getting some of the flannel and fleece done in the next couple weeks - it takes up a lot of space and it does go faster, so it makes sense to start there.  For this week, I get to officially count ONE flannel blankie and ONE fleece blanket with braided-tab edges, for a total of 3.86 yards used year to date - it's a start!

No comments: