I usually go with gift cards for the kids' teachers at Christmas. This year I thought it would be nice if they were in pretty wallets as a personal touch. Of course, I made that decision the night before the last day of school before Christmas, so then I had to scramble. D has one teacher, but L changes class and has three teachers, so I needed four total. I followed this tutorial (sizes for a gift card wallet are at the end of the directions) and managed to make four that are each a little different in about 2.5 hours:
I've made this pattern once before, so it wasn't completely new, but I had to spend a lot of time refreshing myself and sorting out which colors were going where and trying to find the fusible interfacing, so I could probably get the total time down if I do them again. If I had nothing better to do, I'd go through now and make a bunch for next year (L will probably have 6-8 teachers next year in middle school, though we likely won't do something for all of them). In reality - I will probably be making them at the last minute again next year!
I keep a stash of buttons and hair loops on hand for closures now, after the first time I made these. Need to figure out if there is someplace I can get just one color of the loops because I seem to be running through red much faster than any other colors.
The kids reported they were well received, which makes the effort worth it!
1 comment:
Adorable!!! I think my pink and orange one may have been your prototype? :-)
Post a Comment