When I get into something, I tend to jump in. If it involves fabric, I probably buy more supplies than i really should....
Having figured out the fleece blankets now, and particularly with how quickly they go together compared to the limited production time I have, they are pretty satisfying. I bought enough fleece on sale to make a bunch more. Of course, now it is in the way in the sewing room, so it is going to be my focus to get it done!
I figure each of these takes about 2 hours total, though I do them somewhat assembly-line style. First is squaring up the main piece and cutting the accent pieces. I do about 6 at a time, since it looks like I will generally get about 3 quilts from each accent piece. (That means 4.5 yards of main fabric and 1.5 yards of accent fabric, to make three blankets.)
I finished these 5 while at my parents' house after Christmas. Mom will take them to the Project Linus near her.
No comments:
Post a Comment