Sunday, January 25, 2015

Stashbusting Report 2015-01-25

Well - I did even better than I had hoped with finishing some projects and using up stash this week.  It definitely helped that Monday was a holiday - even though I was home with the kids, we had an extra one here so the three of them played together and I got lots of time to sew.  And I'm really motivated because I have some fabric I REALLY want to order, but I told myself I can't order it I can do so and stay in the black.  Since I'll probably want to order at least 6-8 yards, I have to be busy!

I finished 1 fleece blanket for 2.22 yards, 3 flannel blankies for a little over 8 yards, and the Colorful Squares top for 1.67 yards.  I think those were all the goals I mentioned last week.  Plus, I got the Colorful Squares top quilted, so that is another 1.44 yards.  Grand total usage this week is 13.55 yards!

Added this week: 0 yards
Added YTD:  39.15 yards

Used this week:  13.55 yards
Used YTD:  25.83 yards

Net busted: (13.32 yards added)

Unfortunately - all of the add was quilting fabric, while most of the used up is flannel and fleece which tend to go quicker.  On the other hand, I did want to reduce the amount of flannel and fleece, so that is still busting that needed to be done.  And the fleece especially takes up a lot of room, so getting some of that done and off to a charity that can put it to good use is still a very good thing!

This week I don't think I will have much time for sewing, as I have several things for church that need to be done, plus my first exam for this semester on Thursday.  And the projects up next won't result in much usage - I want to get the binding done on the Colorful Squares, and complete the ripping and resewing on the strips for the No-Name quilt.  I do have two fleece pieces cut and ready for sewing - maybe I will try to sneak one in just so I can have something to report next week!

No comments: