Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 GID Challenge - January Results & February Goals

My January goals and results:

1. Finish (finish hand-quilting, trim, bind) Phebe's Flowers table Runner - done! here
2. Make 2 flannel blankies for charity - done! here
3. Make 2 flannel blankies for Sis - done! here (same link as #2)
4. Finish the mini-quilt top for guild auction - completed about 25% of the work that was remaining
5. Make 2 blocks for President's quilt and 2 picture frames for guild show boutique - done!  here and here

And my goals for February:

1. Finish the quilt guild quilting class top, decide on how to quilt it
2. Make 4 heart mini-quilts
3. Take care of the mending pile that is sitting on the end of my sewing table - currently 10 items
4. Make 2 Carol Doak mystery BOM blocks
5. Make one flannel blankie for charity
6. Assemble 1 Thomas top
7. Prep a hand quilting project and a hand-piecing project for travel

Wait a minute - it is supposed to be 4 goals.  And if I didn't get 5 done in January, what makes me think I'll get 7 done in February?   And I need to get that mini-quilt done, so do I make it a new number in February? This is so complicated!

Ok, I'll leave January's in January, and keep working on it.  And I guess I'll have to be really focused and efficient in February!

Judy asked if this helped us spend more time sewing.  I don't know that it got me any more time, but I was definitely more focused.  Less time flitting between projects or contemplating starting something new is definitely good, and seeing some things finished and out the door is nice.  So I will keep working to a list, I think.

No comments: