This is a pattern that my local Project Linus group uses to make simple flannel blankies. They have sating binding on one edge, and stitching around the outside edges. The Linus chapter in Fort Wayne, IN where these will go (my parents and sister live there, and last I checked my chapter is keeping up with demand) is specifically in need of blankets for older boys, so I picked out this wolf fabric and made two larger blankies. These finished at almost 60" x 40". They also requested that the blankies have some stitching or tacking in the center, which my group doesn't feel is necessary, but it only took a few minutes to add a giant square spiral of stitching. I try to never make two that are identical, even if the only difference is in the color of the binding used.
This completed #2 on my January goals.
#3 on my January goals was to make two similar blankies for my sister to give to a friend who is expecting twins. Sis picked out the train fabric for the front, then we picked the coordinating marble flannels from my stash. We both really like this train fabric, and these were fun to sew up. They are a little smaller, about 40" x 50". I used a fancy stitch on these, which I do like better but takes a lot longer to actually sew.
No comments:
Post a Comment