At the guild's quilt show in May, there will be a boutique selling items to raise funds for the guild. I brought home two magnetic picture frame kits to make. The directions were pretty clear and they were easy to make. The cutting was nice and accurate - except where they missed getting the selvage off one piece! Luckily, it was the same as the binding fabric and I only needed a 2.5" square, and there was just enough for me to cut a piece off the binding strip.
It did turn into one of those projects where I was being careless, and lots of stuff happened that slowed me down. To whit: lint that got caught in the back of the quilting - argh:
I also forgot to put the magnets in the first one and had to undo bits of the binding in order to slip them in. To be fair, the directions state DO NOT FORGET TO PUT IN THE MAGNETS BEFORE ATTACHING THE BINDING. Just like that, in all caps. And I still forgot on the first one!
Here they are, finished and ready to go to the next guild meeting. This was part of a January GID item, and it was indeed finished in January!
No comments:
Post a Comment