Just a small square that I've been working on:
I've now finished 20 of these, they are about 4.5" square. They are the cornerstones in the sashing for the quilt I'm making based on a learn-to-quilt class my guild did. I already knew many of the basics, but tried paper-piecing and machine applique for the first time, and enjoyed them. I need to go back and get pictures of all 12 blocks, but there is lots of typing to go along with that, and I've already got a big backlog of photos I want to post and write about...
Anyway, I drew up the foundations for these in Excel, and paper-pieced them. Looking at this one, though, the diagonal isn't quite straight - argh! It will probably stay, and hopefully not be too noticeable, as I need to have this done in the next 4 weeks in order to have it quilted in time for our guild's show.
Since I took this picture, I have all the sashing pieces done. The horizontal rows of sashing are made, and one vertical strip sewn to each block. Now I need to go back and find the picture of the layout I want to use, so I can start attaching blocks together!
Even though it is Tuesday, I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment