I noticed Judy posts her Stashbusting reports by what week it is, not the date. I think that could be a good idea keeping an eye on how much of the year has gone by. I didn't start the year with a goal, but now that I've counted all the stuff I gave away, I think I should set one so I don't rest on that and think I'm doing good when I'm not making forward progress. I think my goal for right now will be 150 yards for the year - that means averaging a little over 2 yards per week, which would be quite doable as long as I focus on finishing projects and not starting any new ones!
This week I put together a flannel blankie, which covers one item on my to-do list for February, results in 1 blankie ready to donate, and counts for 1.75 yards busted. The bonus - it was fabric that Sis and I found last Saturday when we sorted through several boxes, which means the entire project (find, wash, sew, flip, iron, and sew again) was completed in less than a week - how satisfying!
This will go to a Project Linus group in Fort Wayne, IN. While my local group doesn't require any sewing on the body of the blankie, just around the outside edges, the group in FW asks for them to be tacked down in the center to prevent bunching when washed. So I tried something new - I used the zigzag stitch that most reminds me of railroad tracks, and just wandered back and forth across the top. I'm quite pleased with how it came out. Maybe some creative little boy (or girl) will think it looks like railroad tracks and have fun driving back and forth!
The stats:
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 17.25 yards
Used this week: 1.75 yards
Used YTD: 54.15 yards
Net bust YTD: 36.9 yards
(Goal: 150 yards busted)
AND - I have worked on several other projects this week - nothing else counts for a bust yet, but I should get some good numbers in the next couple weeks!
1 comment:
Great blanket and I like your goal of 2 yards a week.
Post a Comment