Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Soooooo Close!

I hope that New Year's Day is not a portent of the year: I tried to quilt on the table runner, and not only did I mess up and have to rip out a section and try to bury four ends, I drew blood from two different parts of my body.  Ow!  First my lip when I was trying to thread a very short piece of thread to bury the knot from the mistake and I poked myself while trying to moisten the thread.  A few minutes later I dropped the needle, couldn't find it so I got a magnetic pin holder to use, and KNEELED on the NEEDLE while I was getting down on the floor.  The point was slowed down by my blue jeans, so about a quarter inch actually went into my skin.  I yanked so hard that I snapped the needle off; a half hour of vacuuming and searching failed to turn up the eye half.  I think it was caught in the carpet, and when I kneeled on it I must have dug it in farther.  Anyway - not a very good start to the year.

Later in the afternoon I did finish the background on the last flower:


Exactly 12 pieces of that rope border left, and the test-project that turned into a year-long project will be ready for trimming and binding.

No comments: