My birthday falls just before Christmas. This year I went to JoAnns, and took pictures of a bunch of notions and a couple books, and sent it to DH so he and the kids could shop for me. I thought I might get one or two of the items, but apparently they had a scavenger hunt to try to find most of them, so I had a very quilt-y birthday! (It helped that I had given him the 50% off coupons that came out that week - I think they used them on all but one item.)
From left to right: a mini-iron, Invisigrip to put on the back of my cutting rulers, a telescoping magnetic pin catcher, a regular magnetic pin catcher, a PVC square quilting frame, and "60 Pieced Borders" book by Judy Laquidara.
To help finish all the wonderful quilts I'll be making, my gift from Mom and Dad is long-arm quilting lessons! A woman in my guild has two machines and does 5-hour training session, then you can rent time on a long-arm by the hour. I see a LOT of quilting activity in 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment