Judy is hosting a 2013 Getting It Done project. Sounds like a good way to keep some focus and get some finishes!
I meant to do a mid-month update, but that didn't happen - but I was exactly halfway done last Tuesday. Here's where I am now:
My January Things to Get Done:
1. Finish (finish hand-quilting, trim, bind) Phebe's Flowers table Runner - done!
2. Make 2 flannel blankies for charity - done!
3. Make 2 flannel blankies for Sis - done!
4. Finish the mini-quilt top for guild auction - no progress yet
5. Make 2 blocks for President's quilt and 2 picture frames for guild show boutique - almost done - just need to hand-sew the binding on the picture frames
So far, this is a great way to stay focused on just a couple things. And it is nice to see #1 on display, #2 and #3 out of my house, and know that #5 will be done on time for the next guild meeting. The mini-quilt - haven't worked on it, and it was the biggest project, so hopefully I can make some great progress on it in the next week!
I like this idea so much that I'm going to start making my February list now (because of course I won't be working on any of these things until I finish #4, wink wink nudge nudge):
My Tentative February Things to Get Done:
1. Finish the quilt guild quilting class top, decide on how to finish it
2. Make 4 heart mini-quilts
3. Take care of the mending pile that is sitting on the end of my sewing table - currently 10 items
4. Make 2 Carol Doak mystery BOM blocks
5. Make one flannel blankie for charity
6. Assemble 1 Thomas top
Hmm - already over the 4 goals, and I still have 9 days to think of more "urgent" things - guess I'd better get back to work now!
No comments:
Post a Comment