Sis helped me assemble some of the blocks when she visited in February, and I got them assembled towards the end of March. Finally matched them all with backs and bindings and they're ready for tying at this year's Project Linus workday.
This was a set of fabrics I bought to match the Thomas fabric, so everything was designed around the goals of being quick to piece, easy to tie, and fun for a little boy (or girl, but somehow I suspect these will go to little boys).
These first two are 40" square:
I try to make each one a little different, in case they end up in the same hospital or location - plus it is a fun way to experiment and see how much difference one little change makes!
I was close to using up the Thomas fabric (or so I thought at the time - I have since found another piece of it!) so made this one a little larger. It is 40" x 56":
After having to go hunt for backs for those, I thought - why not use that great feature fabric for the BACK and make a simple pieced top to go with it. So I have L & D some squares and asked them to design a top. L came up with this - it would have been much faster to piece if I had done it as strips and then cut them apart, but he was very intent on this and so I wasn't going to argue. It is about 36" x 52".
I loved (and totally agreed with) his insistence on making sure the pattern ended itself correctly, in terms of how many rows he needed to make it have the right number of full repeats plus one last row so it has blue squares in all four corners.
Completing these four and getting them posted means I can cross off a March GID goal - yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment