Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stormy's Quilt

This is a gift quilt for the first baby of a friend from college, nicknamed Stormy.  I've used this Warm Wishes pattern many times, and it works so well with one feature fabric.  The only challenge is the machine quilting - so far I only do straight lines, and this looks best with quilted squares around the featured squares, so it is lots of starting and stopping.  Since I knot and bury all the thread tails, that takes a while!



Love, this cute bug fabric and the really bright orange and green!

And I adore this stripe I found for the binding - it is printed diagonally and cut on the grain - wish I had been able to buy a whole bolt of it!  And the blue is one of my favorite colors - really, this one was a little hard to give away!

1 comment:

Annie said...

LOVE that binding!!!