This is one that I had mostly finished, then ended up not gifting to the originally intended recipient. When good friends from church announced the birth of their first granddaughter, I knew just where it should go. It is a stack-n-whack, possibly the first I ever made. I've since realized that the fabric I used didn't have enough color in it, so some of the blocks are very uninteresting, but I still like the overall effect!
I didn't get a picture of the final quilt because I was hand-sewing the binding on the way to their house, and never had an opportunity to sneak off and get a finished photo!
It is handquilted with LOTS of hearts - a ring of eight hearts in the blocks and a little heart border in all the sashing. Turns out hearts are kind of a pain to handquilt when you are only able to quilt directly towards yourself - a TON of turning and moving the top around!
1 comment:
The green lattice was a great choice - nice balance, definitely lightens the overall effect.
Post a Comment