I started this wallhanging to test a specific color scheme for handquilting wholecloth: white for the central motif, and a light purple for the cross-hatching. This was one possibility for the quilt my Mom is making for D, and I wanted to see how it looks. There are things I like about it, things I don't, but it is done now. I debated a couple different options, but in the end donated it to the guild's miniature quilt auction. Having helped photograph and inventory all 46 quilts that have come in so far, I find it interesting that it is 1) the only wholecloth and 2) one of only 3 hand-quilted items. I was quite pleased by the reaction of the committee when they saw it!
It measures about 19" square. The cross-hatching lines were based on a 1" grid - that is, 1" marks along the horizontal and vertical edges. Originally I had 1/2" marks - thank goodness I didn't actually sew that!
The thread for the crosshatching in a light purple. There are straight lines 1" apart in the borders.
The biggest issue, as you see in the top picture, is it doesn't hang quite square. I'm hoping someone will be able to overlook that! Also, the heart should have been done with some kind of trapunto to make it stand out more. But the whole point was to try to colored thread, and I definitely got a chance to evaluate that as I worked on finishing this whole thing!
Something else that can now be crossed off the GID list - yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment