Our elementary school is Leonard and their mascot is the Leopard. For last year's silent auction fund-raiser, I decided to make a leopard-print themed quilt. I was able to find 6 fabrics that went with the leopard fabric, and went with the broken-4-patch design.
I quickly discovered it was much more efficient to sew together four strips, then cut them into strips, rather than making the four-patch block and then cutting it apart and resewing it.
Final outcome (about 40" x 60"):
And the back - which was supposed to just be the animal print, but it wasn't quite wide enough, so I cut a little off and added the side strips:
Funny part of the story - when it was hung up at the auction, it was hung with the back showing - I caught it and turned it around!
And a close-up of the quilting - I used a fancy stitch and did quilt-in-the-ditch along all the seams except the center of each block:
I was happy to see one of Lucas' classmates take it home!
1 comment:
REALLY like the way this one turned out! Mom
Post a Comment