Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Wrap-Up and March Goals


My February goals:
1. Finish the quilt guild quilting class top, decide on how to quilt it - almost done, discovered one of the sashing strips was assembled wrong, working on fixing that, so not done but getting so close!
2. Make 4 heart mini-quilts - tops made, binding machine sewn on but still need to be hand-sewn
3. Take care of the mending pile that is sitting on the end of my sewing table - currently 10 items - done!
4. Make 2 Carol Doak mystery BOM blocks - done!  here
5. Make one flannel blankie for charity - done! here
6. Assemble 1 Thomas top - done! here
7. Prep a hand quilting project and a hand-piecing project for travel - hand-quilting project prepped and started, hand-piecing project identified and the fabric is washed
January leftover - finish the mini-quilt top - need to rethink this one - have decided on a new plan and just procured fabric, so this will reappear in March!

The whole concept is definitely helping me be more focused and not wander off and start new things!  Also, since I like crossing things off lists, having it broken down into smaller segments works better for me - plus then I feel like I'm accomplishing things.

My March goals are:
1.  Mail Charlie's quilt.  It's made, just needs a card and to be boxed up and mailed.
2.  Bind the purple hand-quilted heart wall-hanging
3.  Add a sleeve to the Katy quilt my mom made, and fill out the form for the quilt show
4.  Make 4 kids' quilts tops out of Thomas fabric
5.  Make 2 more Carol Doak Mystery blocks
6.  Quilt, bind, and fill out show form for the Sampler
January leftover:  a mini-quilt for the auction
February leftover:  finish sampler top
February leftover:  4 Heart minis
February leftover:  prep hand-piecing project

I'm not getting as much time as I hoped to sew this past month.  But I'm also getting my sewing room picked up and organized, and trying to not let some other things fall behind, so I'm pretty happy with my progress!  I am glad, however, that Judy is hosting this GID challenge - it's great to see a list of what is finished!

No comments: