The mini-quilt for the Guild Show auction needs to be done by the end of the month. (Technically, it was due last night, but since I'm on the committee, I have until the committee meets to finish it!) I have hit a major roadblock on what I'm doing and am not sure how to move forward, so I am tabling that project for right now. New plan: 4 small paper-pieced hearts (3 designed by Carol Doak, whose permission I have already obtained, and a fourth of my own design based on the other three) set as a four-patch with simple sashing/borders. If I divide the project into quarters, it is roughly: make two blocks, make the other two blocks, assemble the top, quilt. Oh - and bind/add the hanging sleeve - ok we'll divide the project into fifths. I've already made the first two blocks, in just about 2 hours:
I've already made a couple other little projects with these designs, so I'm pretty comfortable with them. Now that I have my color scheme, the next two blocks will probably go even faster! My goal is to have all four blocks made today, assembled into a top tomorrow, and quilted Sunday. I think I can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment