Next up is the lesson on set-in seams, something I was already familiar with and have done with reasonable success before. The block is supposed to be attic windows - but since my windows didn't really have anything interesting in them, I decided to assemble them in a different order:
Saturday, March 16, 2013
CAMEO Sampler Blocks 7 & 8
I may be out of order now - there were four more blocks over two classes - but I can't remember which order they went in. The first I'm posting today was something I was excited to learn - curved seams. We bought a template for 6" Drunkard's path blocks, and made four of them. Setting was our choice; since I had made all four of mine with the same color combo, I had to get creative on how I set them! It kind of reminds DH and me of some kind of radioactive warning symbol. Doing these as 6" blocks was a great way to learn, so that the curves were a little easier to work. I could definitely see making a quilt with these someday:
(One note - the yellow and black strips in these blocks are part of the sashing - I had forgotten to take pictures before I put them together!)
Next up is the lesson on set-in seams, something I was already familiar with and have done with reasonable success before. The block is supposed to be attic windows - but since my windows didn't really have anything interesting in them, I decided to assemble them in a different order:
Next up is the lesson on set-in seams, something I was already familiar with and have done with reasonable success before. The block is supposed to be attic windows - but since my windows didn't really have anything interesting in them, I decided to assemble them in a different order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment