Our second class included show-and-tell of the first two blocks. People were intrigued by how I set my rail fence - I mostly did that because I felt like you didn't get a good effect of the fence with just four blocks, so I was trying to be creative. Yeah - I'm one of those people who rarely does things just the way the directions tell me to - I'm always fiddling with something!
Our second assignment was four 6" snowballs, using the square-over-a-square method, and 4 6" Log Cabins with all the logs pre-cut. The snowballs were good for fussy-cutting on some of the focus fabrics, but mine mostly just plays on the alternating triangles. The Log Cabin is a block I've made many times before, but always in the Quilt-in-a-Day, long strips sewn and then cut method. I did notice that this felt a lot more accurate. I liked the layout I picked - kind of reminds me of a butterfly.

No comments:
Post a Comment