Saturday, June 29, 2013

Zac's Quilt


This quilt is only 2 1/2 years late - a baby gift for a little boy named Zac.  I had started with a completely different pattern and fabric, and it wasn't going well at all.  Finally I decided to change to a second Warm Wishes, which is almost the same as Stormy's quilt but the orange and green are reversed.  It's kind of amazing how much brighter this one is.  I had enough fabric to do two, so it was a little more efficient, too.  


I love this bug fabric - it is cute and boyish.  And I LOVE the striped binding - when I recently found a store that still had some, I bought another 5 yards because I think it is so fun and so versatile!

The back is the same blue as the middle stripe, another fabric that I have really loved.  In fact, it is almost the same blue as I'm using in the Carol Doak mystery quilt - not quite the same, but very close!

Hope he'll love it even if it is late!


1 comment:

Annie said...

LOVE the colors!! So funny how you can pick out totally different patterns because different colors stand out on different computers or if you tilt your head. It's beautiful!!