First, the finished top from the Design Wall I showed two weeks ago. It measures about 38" square, a perfect little lap or child's quilt:
And my next project, another D9P, using up the last of the teal and green, plus a couple other fabrics added to make enough. I have the 9 blocks sewn together, ready for ironing and cutting (hopefully to be done this afternoon). So far, all of my D9Ps have only had 3 colors, so I'm curious to see what this will look like with two colors for the rectangle pieces:
I like this pattern, because as long as there is 41" of usable fabric, you can make 9 blocks from 9 strips of fabric, so it is great for just using up pieces where I have the whole width but not a lot of length! But I think this will be my last D9P for a while - I'm getting a little restless!
Go see what others are working on by clicking over to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times!


5 comments:
very nice.
I just love the colors. Teal and green are my favorites.
very interesting. with a d9p you never know what will happen!
glen
The D9P is also one of my favorites, I use it for every other comfort quilt I make. It seems that no matter what fabric I use, it turns out great. Love yours and looking forward to seeing the new one.
Very cheerful! I have to remember that method next time I need something fast.
Post a Comment