Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-07-25

I've written several catch-up stash reports this week, because it was easier than trying to put it all in one giant report.  You can read them here and here and here and here.  There are lots of pictures in them - 18 completed quilts, I believe!

This week was another good one.  First, I finished the last of the D9P tops for a while (I'm ready for something different, but it is a good pattern for using up fabric and I have several tops to finish now).  Here is what the 9-patch block looked like.  And here is what the finished top looks like.  Not quite what I expected, but I kind of like the image of the green and yellow being woven in:



I finished 4 flannel blankies, using up half of the flannel that I reported as in during those four posts, plus some out of my stash.  I also worked on but did not complete machine-stitching a quilt, so should get to finish that up and count it this week.  And the kids helped me make a delivery to Project Linus of all the monkey quilts and the 13 quilts from the Memorial Day Sewing Weekend, so I can actually open the fabric closet again!

Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 41.9 yds

Used this week: 10.55 yds
Used YTD: 65.2 yds

Net bust: 23.3 yds

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

Great numbers - you are actually busting your stash. Congrats!

Barb in Mi said...

You sure sewed up a storm - good for you! 18 quilts will make a lot of lttle peopel happy!

Vicki H. said...

Love the d9p! The colors are great. Nice use of fabrics!

Penny said...

You know, you have inspired my to try that D9P for a charity quilt. That should be easy and fun. Maybe like you, I will finally bust stash. Great going.