Monday, June 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-06-28

Judy over at Patchwork Times hosts "Design Wall Monday" (in addition to "Stashbusting Report" on Sundays).  I haven't traditionally been participating, but lately have loved following the other links, so I thought I'd add my own since I have something on my design wall table.

This is more use-up-the-stash Disappearing 9-Patches (D9P).  Now that I have it cut up, I absolutely love this teal, and kind of wish I'd saved it for something for myself.  Oh well.  Guess when I get the stash busted I'll still be able to find something I love just as much, so I'll have fun shopping at least!

The blocks start at 36" square and there are 9 of them; I'll add a simple border and end up with a nice little lap quilt for Project Linus.  Unfortunately, we've discovered this pattern isn't very conducive to tying, since you either have to tie all the corners of the big square, which is a lot, or all the corners of the 4 pieces, which doesn't seem like enough.  So I'll have to come up with a plan to machine quilt it - but remember that I only machine quilt in straight lines, so it has to be something simple!  Maybe someday I'll learn to machine quilt, but right now I have too many quilts to make/stash to use up to spend a lot of time on something new.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I gotta try one of those nine patches. I keep seeing them and they are all great.

SpinningStar said...

I like the color combination... I also have a d9p that I haven't come up with a quilting design...good luck!

liz