That's about 36 yds of binding. For reference, a quilt that is 108" square would require about 12 yds of binding!
I used a simple chevron-type quilting pattern to emphasize the 'X' pattern on all 4 class quilts. You can see it pretty well from the back of the first one. Mostly, I liked it because it only had two starts and two stops per quilt, plus one trip around the border.
Bonus creativity points to this last group, who were the only ones to not use the monkey fabric to make the main X. (Each group was given monkey squares, plus two other colors so that each quilt would be unique.)
My son and his cousin laid out the teacher ones for me. Since some kids signed two different color blocks, they were able to trade pieces until they could each make a pattern with the colors. These were very well received:
With these completed, the stash report looks like this:
Used this week: 7.5 yds
Used YTD: 43.1 yds
Added this week: 2.6 yds (some Winnie the Pooh flannel)
Added YTD: 37.1 yds
Net busted: 6 yds









2 comments:
Wow, you sure have been busy! All the kids quilt look great - and so does your stash report!
I like seeing the different colors and placement worked out by the kids. And I really like the machine quilting pattern that shows up on the back. Mom
Post a Comment