Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Heart Minis

This was a February goal.  The sad thing is, they have been done for over a month, just waiting to be posted about!  It doesn't count as done until I write the post and put up the pictures, so it has been languishing ever since....

I wanted to make something to have on hand for when someone I know needs a pick-me-up.  The idea came about as several people at church were suddenly very ill, as well as a couple others we know.  Carol Doak had just published patterns for three different hearts, and that seemed perfect.  The originals were 3", but I enlarged them to 6" and this is the result:


I like the symbolism of the woven heart - the idea of church friends linking together to provide support - and the star makes me think of a "light at the end of the tunnel"!  These could be "mug rugs" or hung - I put the fast-finish triangles on the back.


Now that they're ready, I hope to not have anywhere to send them anytime soon, but it is nice to have something to pull out for a thinking-of-you package.

1 comment:

Annie said...

So cute - those will definitely brighten up the day of someone who is sad! Beautiful idea!