One of my goals for this month was to finish a top for the guild's charity collection. I pulled out this top, and went to work:
I used a variegated thread (red, orange, and yellow) to do diagonal lines through the bow ties, and then did vertical and horizontal lines and quilted an inch inside the octagons. Hopefully enough to hold it all together but a reasonable amount of work for me! Note to self - don't try to do octagons with a walking foot - my arms are still sore from twisting and shoving the quilt around 12 times!
I also used my favorite stitch for quilting - sort of an elongated zig-zag. I think it adds a bit of fun.
This is all done, bound, and ready to go off to guild - and I can check off one of my May items!
No comments:
Post a Comment