This quilt fulfills a couple goals: the Make-a-top-for-charity leftover from April, as well as a start on a June goal to use up the school bus fabric. I gave L 13 blocks of the school bus fabric plus squares in red, yellow, blue, and green, and told him to design a 9x9 block quilt. Got it pieced in just a couple hours, and here is the top:
The yellow fabric has a stripe in it, and he even took the time to line them up so the stripes go around the outside of the quilt:
This will go in the to-be-tied pile, with backing and binding, ready for our Project Linus workday (which is shifted to later in the summer due to Dad having just had surgery and therefore not being very available to help keep the kids busy).
I haven't posted a stash report in a while, mainly because it was creeping in the wrong direction (the vendors at the guild's show did NOT help!), but I'm feeling really motivated right now and trying to get a fire lit under me. This top counts for 1.4 yards used (the back and binding don't count until the quilt is done). I also used 1.5 for the backing and binding of a quilt that will be posted tomorrow.
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 65.23 yards
Used this week: 2.9 yards
Used YTD: 92.86 yards
Net busted: 27.63
Hmmm - I think June's goals will be made with an eye towards getting that used number up!
No comments:
Post a Comment