Monday, May 27, 2013

CAMEO Sampler - Finished!

I'm very pleased with how my sampler turned out:


It is about 56" x 74".  As part of the learning process, I used my gift certificate for long-arm classes, and learned to use a Gammill Optimum Statler Stitcher.  I then rented time and did "my own" long-arm quilting - though to be fair, I was using a computerized, all-over pattern so this is not hand-guided.  Since I wanted circles, using the computerized option seemed a better choice to get them to look good finished.


The back and binding are actually purple, though it looks more blue here:


Hubby helped me test the quilt - he said it was very warm!


What a great learning experience this was.  I tried paper-piecing (love it!), machine applique (not so interested after all, at least until I get a machine that does a true satin stitch), and curved piecing (now I'd kind of like to make a Drunkard's Path quilt, with all the options for design).  And I was motivated to make and actually finish the largest, most complicated project to date.  AND, someone even sought me out at the quilt show to tell me how much she liked my quilt!

Even though this isn't on my design wall, I'm linking up to Judy's DWM.  There really isn't anything new on my design wall, just lots of possibilities in my head!



7 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Your quilt looks great! Kudos for trying out longarm quilting!

Joanne said...

I love the quilting design! Congratulations on getting this done and thanks for sharing it with us today. :-)

Kate said...

Very pretty! Love all the brights!

Quilty Conscience said...

I'm not usually a big fan of sampler quilts but....YOURS is fantastic. I love the blocks and I love the colors. Stunning! Toni

Cathy said...

Yummy...I love it.

Nann said...

The bright colors really pop! The pieced sashing adds interest. Your bubbly quilting is great. Good job!

Annie said...

Gorgeous! Every time I see this, I find something else to love. However I will always love the "B-52 bomber" block! :-)