Great week for stashbusting for me, mainly because Monday was a holiday and I spent a good portion of it alone in the sewing room. I'm determined to make significant headway on using stuff up. I was almost in tears last Sunday evening, as I stared in the closet and thought about how long it will take to use it up. But Monday morning, I decided to just start with the first thing I came to and that I could think of something, and try to take it one piece of fabric at a time!
Monday I sewed together one top, made 6 flannel blankies, and pulled out these two piles of fabric to start working with. The fabric pictured doesn't count as used until the top is sewn, but I've got a plan! In the first photo, all the blue and green is cut into strips along with some of the gold. The gold will also be binding and backing, and there will probably be some of it leftover when I am done using up the other two pieces.
This pile is leftover from our Linus sewing day last spring, and I now have it cut and prepped for one top/back/binding and a second top.
So my numbers for this week are:
Used this Week: 15.3 yds
Used YTD: 22.3 yds
Added YTD: 0
Net bust: 22.3 yds
Those flannel blankies use up fabric fast! I have more in stock than I really should, so I'll have to get another washing-machine-sized amount out and start on it.


2 comments:
Way to bush some stash!
GREAT JOB! I just saw the last 3 posts... you have sure been busy! Keep it up!
--the Sister
Post a Comment