Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-08-01

Now we're getting somewhere!

This week I had three projects finished:
1.  Another flannel blankie
2.  Quilted and self-bound this D9P.  I pulled the backing around to the front to use for the binding and machine-stitched it down.  I'd never done this before, but had enough backing for it and not enough of any of the fabrics in the quilt to use as bindings.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out, but I need to work on my corners.  I love the quilting on this one - I think it highlights the D9P pattern, but doing each of the squares individually was kind of a pain.  I had the Project Linus label in my hand to sew on to it when I was done, and I just couldn't do it.  I REALLY like these fabrics, and the pattern, and the way the quilting came together, and I decided it was time to keep something I'd made.  I think this is the first quilty thing in over a year that I've kept for myself.  The kids are already fighting over who gets to use it.
3.  Finished this blanket for Project Linus.  The squares were leftover pieces from another project.  I cut all my scraps to 4.5" or 2.5"; these were 2.25" so I just made them into as many four-patches as I could, and cut the center to fit.  Worked out pretty well, I think.  The machine quilting and binding went very quickly, and I hope this will bring a smile to a child's face.

The back is a solid blue - the color is much closer in the shot of the whole back, but I was also trying to get a shot of the variegated thread I used in the bobbin - something else I managed to use up on this project!

So the stash report goes:
Added this week: 0 yds
Added YTD: 41.9 yds

Used this week: 4.73 yds
Used YTD: 69.9 yds

Net busted: 28 yds

Check out how others are doing at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go on completing projects... love the tiny colored squares!
The Sister