Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-08-15

Oh, I am in trouble!  I haven't done anything bad - yet.  But I visited a new quilt store recommended by Barb(Cristina's Quilt Shoppe in Rochester Hills, MI) and liked it SO much better than the store I've been going to.  I limited myself to 2 patterns and a little tool for making HST on the first trip, but now I need fabric to go with those patterns, and I loved how the shop was arranged with so many samples that really appealed to me, so I could do a LOT of damage next time I'm there!

In the meantime, this week I managed to quilt and bind another Linus top.  I like how this turned out, and it counts for 2 yds used:

I also delivered the 6 flannel blankies I've been working on to my sister; they will go to some women in a program trying to help them turn around their lives and retain/regain custody of their kids.  These particular blankies go to babies born while the women are in the program.  I have to say that they are one of the most satisfying projects for me to work on.  They are counted in my delivered charity quilts for the year.

Making slow but steady progress:
Added this week / YTD:     0 / 41.9 yds
Used this week / YTD:     2 / 74.2 yds
Net bust YTD: 32.3 yds

See how others are doing at Judy L's page.

1 comment:

Tamera said...

It's wonderful to donate quilts. Good going!