Monday, August 16, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-08-16

I LOVE DESIGN WALL MONDAYS!  It's great to see what everyone links to from Judy L's page!

Today I have the first two completed LeMoyne stars to share (there will be 12 when finished).  After plugging away so slowly on the first one, the second went together very fast.  Now I'm thinking this project will actually be do able!  Mom will be happy to hear how much I'm enjoying this hand-piecing, because that is something she has always loved.  I switched more to machine for charity quilts and just because it is so much faster, but now I think I will try to always have some kind of hand project ready.  I worked on it in the car the other day for ten minutes, and got three diamonds sewn together - and totally enjoyed it!  I'm starting to think ahead now to how I want to set this, but that will probably require buying fabric so I want to make sure I decide exactly what I'm going to do and how much fabric I need BEFORE I go shopping, instead of just buying 10 yards so I have enough to do whatever I want!
   
Ooh - good news - just decided it's a great day to take the kids to the playground, so I'll get to work on the next one while they play!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Having projects to work on in the car saves sanity when you have little children. Glad you can make these Lemoyne stars, by hand is probably the most acurate way. What size are the blocks?

Tamera said...

I keep meaning to get a hand piecing project started.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

YOur blues are really great looking against that white.

I have a hand project on my sofa, but keep forgetting to take one along with me outside the house.

glen

Carol B in NH said...

Your stars are very well done - great job :)

Anonymous said...

And yes, Mama is very pleased also! Do you remember how old you were when you started piecing? I'm thinking maybe 3rd grade or so? (That was, of course, before marching band, LOL!)