Monday, August 23, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-08-23

I'm so late posting this that Design Wall Monday is almost over!  I don't even have much to share this week, but I'm very excited about this fabric that I got this week:
I'm taking the plunge and starting a Grandmother's Flower Garden, using directions I found here.  Going pretty simple to start, and see if I like doing it.  DH used his CAD software to draw up hexagons for me in different sizes, and I've picked the 1.25" side-length to start with.  Maybe I'll have something of it to show next week.

Have the third LeMoyne start ALMOST done - should get to show it next week.  Someone asked how big they are - the blocks are 12" finished.  I saw a picture of a very old one in a book about quilts in Colorado history, with 3" blocks, and tons of them and was VERY impressed!

Lots of other Design Walls are posted on Judy's page.

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

Beautiful colors! I can see why you are excited.

AnnieO said...

Well at least you posted for this week--I didn't have anything to show so skipped out. Very pretty colors, I love purple and green together, so classic.

Nina Marie said...

The thing to remember when doing english paper piecing is that its a process. So not only do you get a great quilt at the end - but you learn a lot of patience LOL! I'm on my second now and its a blessing and a curse. I love love love doing it - but gosh it takes foreverrrrrrrrrr!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I love the color pallet you picked!