Monday, August 30, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-08-30

I've completed the third LeMoyne Star block.  I cut the white triangles a little too big, but since I'm going off the marked template on the back, it doesn't affect the block, just looks a little wonky until I get the sashing on:
I keep having mini panic attacks, thinking I'm duplicating a block I've already done, but so far I haven't actually repeated a combination.

I also started on my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  I cut out some hexagons (some of which got a little off - will have to fix that next time) and pulled out a little pencil box to keep the supplies in:
And I've completed two flowers so far.  They're huge - thought I'd start big for my first try, and that was a good choice so far.  They're laying on the green that will be the path around the flowers:
So far, I'm REALLY enjoying this, even if it does seem incredibly slow!  I will probably just go for a lap-size quilt with this, as I already have ideas for a couple other layouts I'd like to try!

Visit Judy L's page to see what others are working on!

5 comments:

Kathie said...

great looking star. I tired that one once and it was so wonky I never did do anything with it.

Cathy said...

The more of the stars you do, the easier t will get. Those "y" seams just take practice. Your Hexie blocks are pretty, and the green is perfect for them

AnnieO said...

I like the Lemoyne star very much--but those bias edges are scary!

Good start on the hexies. Purple and green are so pretty together.

kwiltnkats said...

Careful that you don't ruin your points on your Lemoyne stars. The two projects you are working on took some time to cut I bet. I'm certain it will be worth your effort. Hope to see these two progressing. Great work.

Anonymous said...

I'm tickled to see your hexagons and the star projects. (I always loved seeing patterns come together on my lap when doing them by hand, whether sitting at home or riding in the car.) I think of the Grandmother's Flower Garden name, and how much that color reminds me of Grandma Weissner's many projects using lavender. :-) Love, Mom