Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stashbusting Report 2014-01-19

I just noticed I have 8888 page views - kind of randomly cool!

I don't know how much time I will have to sew this year, but I'm going to keep track of the stashbusting - at least maybe it will help me not buy fabric that I won't be using any time soon!

I'm working on putting the binding on the 4 bulldozer quilts, and I have 3 done so far this month, which means I get to count the backs and the binding fabrics.  These are small quilts - just 40" square, so the back and binding for each is 1.5 yards.  (I figured out that getting all four done will be about 640" of binding!).  So I get to count 4.5 yards for the three done so far.  Number 4 has the binding on the front and mostly pinned, and I hope to get it done tomorrow.

I slipped though - I took L to JoAnn's today because we needed some fabric for a school project.  Since we are using that right up, I'm not counting it, but while we were there I got a pack of 5 Batik fat quarters, in Easter-y colors.  I've been thinking about a wallhanging I want to make, and I saw these and they are perfect.  So 1.25 in.  That project may get worked in March.  Or it may be three years - but I'll be optimistic!

Finally - I took at least 50 yards to my guild meeting last Thursday.  About half went to the charity committee, and the rest I just set out on a table and invited people to take it if they could use it.  I was quite happy to see it all OUT - but I'm not counting it, because I kind of fell off the wagon on the counting in side last fall, so this helps make up for that.  It feels really good, though, to have things cleared out and not feel like I SHOULD use those pieces - I'm happy to know they've gone to good homes.

In this week/YTD: 1.25 yards
Out this week / YTD: 4.5 yards
Net stash busted: 3.25 yards

No comments: