Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-03-07

I haven't done much the last couple weeks, but I did finish the last top from the bright fabrics.  Since this project used 2.25" strips, and I save leftovers in 2.5" and 4.5" sizes only, I wanted to use up as much as I could.  So I made a bunch of 4 Patches, and my helper arranged them for me.  I did discover, after getting them sewn on to the red center, that my seam allowances were too big, so I had to rip them off and cut the center down.

I sewed the last few squares with some leftover 1" strip to get 4.5" squares, and will put them in the scrap bin.
I did purchase about 77 yards this week - but I don't have to report it since I washed it and took it to the Project Linus sewing day yesterday.  I brought home a dozen blankies that just need the topstitching done, because we ran out of time and energy.

So for the last two weeks:
Added: 0
Added YTD: 2.5 yds

Used: 1.2 yds
Used YTD: 12.9 yds

Net busted: 10.4 yds

No comments: