Gosh, the middle of March already! I was getting frustrated at my really slow progress toward my goal of 150 yds for the year when I remembered two things:
1. I'm working on some stuff that wasn't counted in, so it doesn't get counted going out - but it is making progress and
2. I get more done when the weather is nice and the kids can go play outside with Daddy for a while.
So I'll not beat myself up too much, but a little impatience with slow progress is good if it keeps me motivated.
Convoluted story on the stash report this week:
I bought a bunch of flannel for the Linus sewing day last weekend. Some of it was too short by itself, so I was working on pairing it with a different backing. I pulled 2 yds from stash, but didn't get 3 of the pairs put together in time to take with me. So technically, I was up about 4 yds, but I didn't count that in. This week I made those last 3 blankies, so I get to count the 2 yds I had contributed from stash. Make sense?
Also, I did the top-stitching on a dozen that we ran out of time to finish, but that doesn't count in or out.
And I used 1/2 yd to make a slip cover for a piece of foam, so my daughter has a mattress in her doll crib.
And I've been working on machine-quilting the 3 Quilts for Kids tops that I have - originally intended to be a group project with Mom and Sis, but life got in the way and I figured I should just do them myself instead of waiting for another time we could all work together. I've got one quilted and the binding on, just needs some ends tied off. The second is about 3/4 of the way through the machine quilting, and the third is pinned and ready to start. I will also use a couple tops that I had previously finished to send them, but those need to be quilted and bound too.
You know, I've been really stressing about having enough quilting on those, per the instructions. In adding that link, I saw some free patterns - and realize I have way more quilting on mine than they do in any of the pictures. I guess I can relax about that now!
Anyway, here are the numbers:
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 2.5 yds
Used this week: 2.5 yds
Used YTD: 15.4 yds
Net busted: 12.9 yds
Visit Patchwork Times to see some more stash reports!
2 comments:
Wow, already on mpore Project Linus blankets - I am impressed! Thanks for pointing out the quilting on Quilts for Kids. I was stressing as well and could only think of a Baptist Fan to have enough quilting done. Have to rethink again - as you said in all tehir 9-patch quilts they just quilted diagonally through the patches. Have a great week!
You're doing ok and your explanation did make sense.. so don't worry.
liz
Post a Comment