Since I started to make this as something else, I have a little frogging and re-cutting to do. This one won't be quite as quick of a top as some of the others, though I think it will pick up speed once I get going.
First task: cutting the white setting strips. I had originally cut 1.5" strips, but now need 2" strips. Never fear, though - I am already thinking about how to use the 1.5" strips!
The white is all kinds of interesting leftover pieces, and I think there are at least three different whites even though I really tried to use the same thing every year. Some of it still has freezer paper ironed to it, so I have to take that off, first. Cutting anything with this rotary cutter makes me so happy - it was in my Christmas stocking years ago, is MY colors, and just feels right in my hand. I love using it and love the Elf that picked it out for me!
I had washed the strip sets because they were so mangled - but I knew that would cause fraying. I'm working on cutting some of the worst of it off with scissors. This will be an interesting top to get put together, but I hope it looks good and makes someone happy when it is done.
I actually took the parts that needed to be frogged to work and did it during a Zoom staff call - it was the perfect thing for during a discussion that only minimally affected me!

No comments:
Post a Comment