Saturday, June 19, 2021
15 Minutes - Counting the Batiks
Today, I tested how many of the batiks I could do in 15 minutes. With everything cut and the machine ready to go (I recently had to do a detour to alter a pair of Boy Scout pants, which was way harder than it should have been and changed all of the settings), it looks like I can do about 30 seams or 15 blocks in 15 minutes. In the process, I realized that what I was thinking was 12 sets of 20 batik pieces is really 10 sets of 24 pieces. I think. I feel like I've counted these so many times, I've completely lost track! I'm giving up on doing calculations for now - I'm going to get all these sewn up, then lay them out to see what it makes and if I need more pieces to get two decent size quilts, I'll find something to add. This set includes a mix of pieces that have several colors (you can see the red/pink/green one and the orange with blue/purple/green) as well as singular colors like the purple. I can probably find an orange that would be easy to add, or maybe that pinky-red.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment