Friday, October 5, 2018

Pink Squares again

Progress has slowed down on the Pink Squares quilt, but I've been picking away at it this week.  There are 40 blocks to be sewn into 5 rows of 8 blocks.  Which means 32 seams to get them into the 5 rows (what I do when I'm just sewing long seams without much to think about!)  One night I did 6 seams, a few more the next day, and I'm ooching forward.  I now have 10 strips of 4 blocks.  This is a random layout, but I need to figure out the layout before I do anymore sewing, to make sure I don't have blocks that are the same next to each other or too much light pooling in one place.


This isn't what I'm supposed to be working on, though....  I'm supposed to be doing the 2nd Grade Quilt from two years ago.  I've got it mostly assembled but need to design and print 3 blocks with info specific to the year.  I'm trying to ease myself into it.  Today, I can't do anything on this quilt until I print just one of those three blocks (and if it is the easiest of the three, so be it - as long as I make some progress on that front!)


No comments: