Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Finished Top!

This afternoon, DD (who is now 11!) helped me arrange the four-block strips to make this top, and I was able to sew it together pretty quickly this evening.  I really like how it turned out, even it it isn't quite the effect I thought it would have.  Also, this was designed to use up the pink and purple squares, but they ended up being only 1/4 of the fabric in the quilt, and the rest was purchased new!  So it wasn't quite as efficient at using up the fabrics as it could have been, but I really like it anyway!


After I took this photo, I ended up adding a dark green 2-inch border - I just thought it needed a little bit of an edge, plus that made it 44" wide instead of 40", and I think that is a better width given that it is 68" long.

I suspect you will definitely be seeing this pattern, and some variations on it, more - it was fun to sew, lined up so easily, was something i could cut all at once and then managed to get assembled pretty quickly, had flexibility in using up some fabrics, makes for a nice grid for tying, etc, etc!  This top has been matched with a backing and the dark green for binding, and is in the to-tie pile now. 

No comments: