Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My PRIZE!

Sis promised me a prize in April if I met my goals.  I did not.  She promised it in May if I met my goals.  I did not.  She kept telling me how awesome it was and how it couldn't wait for my bday in December.  She game me an ultimatum - get all caught up and meet my goals in June, or have to wait 6 months to get it.  It took until 11 pm on June 30, but I DID IT!

And here is my very cool prize that arrived in the mail last week:



"Stash-Buster Quilts" by Lynne Edwards
(Held up for a photo by my wonderful young assistant)

Apparently, she is aware that I have some stash to use up....

Now, she knows that I don't keep tons of scraps around - I like to use up groups of fabric and really enjoy trying to perfectly use up the last of the scraps - but I DO have some sets of fabrics that will work really well with a couple of the patterns in here.  There's a really pretty blue pin-wheel quilt that I could totally see made from some turquoise fat quarters I've collected, and a great wonky tic-tac-toe square that would be fast and easy and a good way to use up some of the smaller pieces I have.  There's a really pretty Christmas-y Bargello (I have collected way too many Christmas fabrics with no real plan on how to use them) and a block that she calls Buzz-Saw that could be interesting.

But there is a problem.

I have just listed at least FOUR MORE quilts that I'd now like to make - which will be added to my future monthly to-do lists - which may mean that I'm never caught up for the rest of the year.....

THANKS, SIS, for goading and prodding me to get caught up, and for the fun of thinking about new projects!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Glad it arrived and glad you like it! I like the idea with the turquoise. I know you normally plan out your scraps but I thought there were some pretty ideas in there to use up the scraps from your scraps. Great job on meeting your goals!