As I expected, it was a great week for Stashbusting, with several hours Friday to sew. My stash falls into two kinds of fabric: flannel for the Project Linus blankies I like making, and regular cotton for quilts. The flannel pile needs to be smaller, but I usually stock up a whole year's worth on the day after Thanksgiving because the sale at JoAnns is so good. The quilt fabric - I really don't need to have a stash at all given the way I usually operate, but for several years have enjoyed planning projects far in advance of where I actually am and I still have that happen though not as often. So the moral here is, while using up flannel is good, it will mostly eventually be replaced; true stash-busting will come from working on quilts.
That being said, I worked on some of both. The flannel goes so much quicker - 2 1/2 yds used in about half an hour - than the cotton for pieced quilts!
I finished 4 flannel blankies, for a total of 9.83 yds used.
I quilted, trimmed, and bound the last of the 6 First-Grade Quilts - check the upcoming Design Wall Monday post for pictures and the story on them. That was 1.5 yds for the backing and binding.
I bound two more quilts from our (Mom, Sis and me) Project Linus workday last spring that had been tied, and added some quilting around the border of one since it didn't have any good place to tie but needed a little extra stability. That counts for 3.17 yds for the backs and bindings.
And I did some prep work on 5 more flannel blankies and layered the next little quilt top so I should be able to get another good bust this week!
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 94.5 yds
Used this week: 14.5 yds
Used YTD: 121.5 yds
Net bust: 27 yds
Feels good to see stuff getting done! I'm late posting, but will link up to Judy's page anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment