Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stashbusting Report 2011-04-10

I absolutely needed a break from my taxes, and writing a stash report sounded like fun (though it doesn't get me off the computer).  I haven't posted for so long because I haven't had anything to report, adding or usage.  That's sort of a good thing - traditionally when I can't make time to sew I end up buying more fabric as I dream of getting back into the sewing room.  These days I'm too busy to stop at the fabric store unless I have good reason!

I got a little sewing time this weekend, and finished this blanket so I can count the back and the binding now.  I had the binding 3/4 of the way machine sewn last week, and wasn't liking the way it looked.  It is a complex stitch and would be a beast to rip out.  I finally decided to just finish it the way it is and then hand stitch a couple places that didn't get caught well, but I probably won't use that stitch again.

I'm very pleased with this quilt; probably my best all-machine-sewn effort yet.  Not quite sure where it is headed to at this point - was supposed to be for charity, but I am so proud of it I kind of want to hang on to it until I need a girl quilt for a gift!



I used a variegated orange/yellow/pink thread and a ziggy-zaggy fancy stitch, which seems to work better to not have as much shifting of the layers as it goes through the machine.

So the numbers are:
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 37.8 yds
Used this week: 1.78 yds
Used YTD: 59.6 yds
Net busted: 21.8 yds

2 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Another finish - good for you! Time seems to fly by and so many things just drop off... Same at my place, but at least it got warmer today!!

Tiffaney said...

Love your girly quilt & the quitling looks wonderful.