Yesterday, while visiting my parents in Fort Wayne, IN my mom and I drove down to check out a relatively new quilt store in Roanoke, IN called Fabrics & Friends. I was utterly astounded by how much fabric they had crammed in this old house! It was probably the largest collection of quilting fabric I've seen in one place, and huge variety. It was a bit difficult to maneuver in some areas because of narrow hallways, but that sure woudln't stop me from going back again! We actually showed remarkable restraint, since we didn't really have any specific projects to buy for at this point, though we talked about ideas for a joint baby quilt we'll start as soon as we know the baby's gender. We did get 2.5 yds of blue and white to try a snowflake applique pattern we picked up, and I got a yard of a pink stripe that just looked fun.
I don't have any busts this week. I finished machine quilting the next framed butterflies, and the binding is attached to the front but not the back, so I can't count it yet. I'll have to get busy this week and do something big.
Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 57.8 yds
Added this week: 3.5 yds
Added YTD: 37.8 yds
Net bust: 20 yds
No comments:
Post a Comment